General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Course (3 Years)
Objectives of the Course
On completion of the GNM course, nurses are able to:
- Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as a nurse.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
Eligibility for Admission
- Female candidates only
- Age 17-35 years
- Passed 10+2 from any Recognized Board/Council
- Rank in Common Entrance Test GNM 2021(WBJEE)
- Candidate shall be Medically Fit
- A three (3) Years Course.
Admission is purely based on the merit list prepared on the basis of marks secured in Common Entrance Test GNM-2021 conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB). Selection and Counseling will be made on Merit Rank Basis by Central Selection Committee (Nursing) for the academic session 2021-2022. For entrance test visit to www.wbjee.nic.in.
Intake 50 Seats per Year